- * To receive the bonus, open a new M&T EZChoice Checking, MyChoice Plus Checking or MyChoice Premium Checking account between 10/06/2021 and 1/07/2022 and make at least $500 in qualifying direct deposits within 90 days of account opening. Qualifying direct deposits include recurring electronic deposits of payroll, pension or Social Security. Person-to-person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers, such as those made through internet payment services, do not qualify. The bonus will be credited to your account within 90 days of all requirements being met. The promo code is required at account opening to qualify for the bonus. Your new personal M&T checking account must still be open when we seek to credit the bonus. Only one bonus will be awarded per customer regardless of the number of accounts opened. Bonus offers are not available to employees of M&T Bank, any of its affiliates, or to customers who have received a bonus in connection with a personal M&T checking account within the last 12 months. A $50 early close-out fee applies if the account is closed within 180 days of opening. Bonus offers may vary by product and region, are not transferable and are reportable for tax purposes.
- ** U.S. checking or savings account required to use Zelle®. Transactions between enrolled consumers typically occur in minutes. Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
- All M&T checking and savings accounts are subject to M&T standard account agreements.
- Regardless of whether a monthly maintenance charge applies, M&T checking, savings and money market accounts are subject to transaction and service fees, including overdraft fees as noted in the Specific Features and Terms for each account and also the Additional Fees and Fees for Use of Electronic Banking Card for Consumer Checking/Savings Accounts, which are available on request at any M&T banking office or through the M&T's Contact Center.
- MyChoice Plus Checking is available with or without interest. The minimum deposit required to open the account is $25. MyChoice Plus Checking With Interest: The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of 03/01/22, is 0.01% for balances of $1 or greater. The minimum balance to obtain the APY is $1. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly. MyChoice Plus Checking With Interest is a variable rate account and rates are subject to change without notice.
- M&T will not charge you to access your account at non-M&T ATMs, and will reimburse the checking account (up to $2 per transaction) for the amount of any fee charged by another bank or ATM operator to use its ATMs in the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. Other fees may apply.
- Fees and account features will vary by region.
- Loans are subject to credit approval and certain limitations may apply.
- MyChoice Premium Checking: The minimum deposit required to open the account is $25. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of 03/01/22 is 0.01% for balances of $1.00 or greater. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. MyChoice Premium Checking is a variable rate account and rates are subject to change without notice. Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Maintain combined balances of $25,000 or more in eligible personal deposit accounts, loans and home equity outstanding balances, investments, and business deposit accounts. For detailed information, please refer to the Specific Features and Terms for each account, which are available upon request at any M&T banking office or through M&T's Contact Center.
- You must have sufficient money in your overdraft protection account for the transfer to occur. If not, overdraft fees may apply. If you enroll in Overdraft Protection with your M&T Visa® Credit Card, or have a linked overdraft line of credit, your overdraft transfers will accrue interest at the applicable APR stated in your credit card or line of credit agreement. Please refer to your credit card or line of credit agreement for additional details.
A fee of $12.50 will apply for each transfer made by telephone or through M&T Online Banking using an M&T Visa credit card, or overdraft line of credit. A fee of $12.50 will apply for each overdraft transaction to a linked checking account other than a MyChoice Premium checking account, but charged no more than once per day.
- No fee for standard checks and 50% discount on other check styles.
- On the day your MyChoice Money Market account is opened, and on the last day of each monthly interest payment cycle, we will determine whether your account will receive the Regular Interest Rate or the Premium Interest Rate (both of which may change daily) during the upcoming monthly interest payment cycle. To qualify for the Premium Interest Rate, you must (1) have a MyChoice Premium Checking, Power Checking or Portfolio Management Account, and (2) have made 3 or more qualifying customer-initiated transactions in that checking account during that account's most recently completed monthly maintenance charge cycle. Qualifying customer-initiated transactions include deposits, withdrawals, Online and Mobile Bill Pay transactions, automatic payments, debit card purchases and payments, and direct deposits. Transfers and payments to other accounts at M&T Bank (including loans and lines of credit) are excluded. Reversals of transactions will be netted against the qualifying transactions. Transactions cannot be aggregated across multiple checking accounts for purposes of meeting this requirement. (Note: If your MyChoice Premium Checking or Portfolio Management Account has been open for less than one monthly maintenance charge cycle on any day we determine the applicable interest rate, your MyChoice Money Market account will receive the Premium Interest Rate during the upcoming monthly interest payment cycle.)
- Waiver of annual rental fee of $50 or less for one safe deposit box; or 50% discount on the annual rental fee for one safe deposit box with a fee of more than $50 (up to a maximum discount of $200).
- Deposits are subject to verification. Funds not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other terms, conditions, fees and restrictions may apply. Business day is defined as Monday through Friday, except for Federal holidays.
EZChoice Checking is considered a New York Basic Banking Account and a New Jersey Consumer Checking Account.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
Offers may vary by region. Unless otherwise specified, all advertised offers and terms and conditions of accounts and services are subject to change at any time without notice. After an account is opened or service begins, it is subject to its features, conditions, and terms, which are subject to change at any time in accordance with applicable laws and agreements. Please contact an M&T representative for details.
Equal Housing Lender, © 2022 M&T Bank, Member FDIC NMLS #381076